Beach Life Guard Certification for State Govt Sponsored Recruits/Beginners
- Minimum Participation : Batch of 40
- Course duration : Six weeks
- Eligibility : Participants should be of 18 years and above. Should be physically and medically fit
- Pre-requisites : Should be able to swim and complete 400 metres non-stop in 14 mins, any stroke except back stroke
- Course Modules : Swim pool sessions – 2 weeks, Stroke corrections, swim practices, Jumps, Rescue Tube & Rescue Board basics
Beach & Open sea sessions – 3 weeks includes Run – Swim – Run, Rescue Tube techniques, Rescue Board Skills, Surf
Awareness, Lifts & Carry methods, Beach drills with Emergency response, Beach Patrol, Spinal Management, Crowd
Control, Communication skills, IRB Basics & Patrol Jeep driving
- Classroom sessions : Daily includes Lifeguarding lectures, First Aid, CPR, Spinal Management, Oxygen Administration &
- Jet Ski familiarisation : 4 days
- OJT : 3 days
- Certification criteria : In addition to qualifying of rescue skill modules of beach lifeguarding with advanced equipment,
to be declared successful, candidate should be able to swim 400 metres within 11 minutes non-stop on the final day.
- Certificates : Successful candidates shall be awarded Proficiency certificates of SRTA. The certificates will be valid for a
period of one year.