Pool / Waterpark Lifeguard Certification
- Minimum participation – 10 ( essential in each batch)
- Course duration – Six days
- Eligibility – Participants should be of 16 years and above. Should be physically and medically fit
- Pre-requisites – Should be able to swim 300 metres non-stop, using front crawl for first 100 mtrs; breast stroke for next
100 meters; and combination of both or either, for the last 100 mtrs.
- Course Modules – Rescue Tube techniques, Lifebuoy throws, Lifeguarding terms, Communication methods, Lifts & Carry
methods, First Aid, CPR, Spinal Management, Oxygen Administration, AED Basics, Wave pool management & Rescue
skills in case of Water Parks
- Certification Criteria – In addition to qualifying the required rescue skills with equipment, candidates should be able to
swim 100 metres in 3 minutes non-stop (any stroke except back stroke) on the final day.
- Certificates – Successful candidates shall be awarded Proficiency certificates of SRTA. The certificates will be valid for a
period of 18 months.