Power Boat Operator Certification (Tiller/Remote)
- Minimum Participation : 10 essential in each batch
- Course duration : Five days
- Eligibility : Participants should be of 16 years and above. Should be physically and medically fit
- Pre-requisites :
– Should possess a valid Water Sport Operator/Open Water Lifeguard proficiency certificate.
– It is mandatory for a boat operator to possess a Watersport Operator Lifeguard course certification before he starts
operating a powerboat. Thus, the same trainees will have to undergo both courses i,e ; Watersport Operator Lifeguard
& Power Boat Operator courses which can be conducted one after the other.
- Course Modules : Launch & Recovery, Safe boating procedures (SOPs), Boat Manoeuvres ( RYA Level 2 stages), Man
Overboard procedures, Rules of Road, Basic OBM maintenance
- Certification criteria : Participants should qualify the Level 2 Powerboat operating modules at the end of the course.
- Certificates : Successful candidates shall be awarded Proficiency certificates of SRTA. The certificates will be valid for a
period of 2 years. The certification will be revalidated directly on successful completion of Watersport Operator Lifeguard
Revalidation when due.