Water Sport Lifeguard / Open Water Lifeguard Certification
- Minimum Participation : 10 ( essential in each batch)
- Course duration : Five days
- Eligibility : Participants should be of 16 years and above. Should be physically and medically fit
- Pre-requisites : Should be able to swim 300 metres non-stop, using front crawl for first 100 mtrs; breast stroke for next
100 meters; and combination of both or either, for last 100 mtrs.
- Course Modules : Rescue Tube techniques, PIW, Lifebuoy Throws, Rescue skills from boat, Lifts & Carry methods, Sea
Survival techniques, First Aid, CPR, Spinal Management, Oxygen Administration, AED Basics
- Certification criteria : In addition to qualifying the required rescue skills from boat with equipment, participants should
be able to complete 100 metres swim in 3 minutes on the final day.
- Certificates : Successful candidates shall be awarded Proficiency certificates of SRTA. The certificates will be valid for a
period of 2 years.